- How many shades do I have to order?
One. We have no minimum order and we do not charge extra for small orders.
- What is your standard shipping time?
Three to four weeks.
- I don’t know what to order or how to order. Can you help?
Absolutely. Simply call customer service.
- How much should I estimate for freight charges?
We strive to control freight costs to 15% or less of your order. Please bear in mind that UPS ground shipments are priced
per box. Small orders that do not fill a box will cost you more. As with any other product, the more you purchase at one time,
the lower your freight cost per item will be.
- I want to use my customer’s fabric. How much do you need?
This depends on the shade and the fabric. Please use the C.O.M. form found in the forms section of our Pricing Guide CD.
This will allow us to calculate the quantity of fabric needed.
- Why do you charge extra for using my fabric?
Each fabric requires individual attention. The time spent on a custom item exceeds that of a production shade. We estimate
that there will be three telephone calls between us to complete your order. The fabric must be cut individually, not in bulk
as is standard.
- What can I do to make a C.O.M. order easier?
- Retain a small piece of the fabric with your records as a reference should any questions arise.
- Send us a small piece attached to a sheet of paper indicating the direction you want the fabric to run.
- Hold the fabric up to light. Make sure your customer is satisfied with the light that comes through. Embroidered fabrics
have threads in the back that are visible when lit. Suggest an interlining with this.
- Be as specific as possible. What is obvious to one person may not be obvious to the next.
- Why do you charge extra for a recover when I am supplying the frame?
Your frame must be stripped, painted, and sealed. A pattern must be made. As with any custom item, the time spent on a
custom item exceeds that of a production shade.
- How do I prepare a recover to send to you?
Easily. Put a tie-on tag on the shade. This tag should have your store name and complete instructions for making the shade.
Please be specific. Select the fabric and trim with your customer. Do not instruct us to "use closest fabric."
Please include a photo or sketch, if possible. Digital photos may be emailed to email@example.com Please include your store name and city in your email.
- I want a style that you have but the measurements are off. Can you change the size of your stock frames?
Sometimes. It is usually more cost effective for you to change the harp or recover your customer’s
frame. We understand that this is not always possible. Please call us to determine if your request can be met. We will do
there a way to easily price shades?
Absolutely – We have contracted
with a computer software company to provide all our pricing. This is through software called Shade Shop. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
I add to my order after I place it?
Yes – you can add to your
order until it leaves our shipping dock.
do I know when my order will ship?
The confirmation we send you includes
an estimated ship date. We strive to be as close to that date as is possible.
do I know if my order has shipped?
If we have an email address for
you a shipping notification will be sent for all UPS shipments.